Makes approximately 15 mini “meatballs” or 8-10 larger.
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of gluten free Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place black beans, mushrooms, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and seasonings into large bowl.
- Mash all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Grease a (mini) muffin tin with olive oil or butter.
- Roll mixture into appropriate size balls and place in muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 12-15, being careful not to let them dry out.
- Remove from oven and serve along with your choice of marinara sauce.
- Garnish with parsley to make it pretty.
I served these meat(less)balls with Spinach Fettuccini from Trader Joe’s!
Recipe Credit: the FIT foodie mama