Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 10 slices
For the crust:
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1¼ cups coconut cream
- For the topping
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, unsweetened shredded coconut, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir together. Stir in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer dough to a greased 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using a measuring cup or your fingers, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 15-17 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
For the whipped chocolate ganache:
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double broiler until fully melted. Let cool to room temperature (but not hardened).
- In a separate bowl, combine the strawberries and maple syrup. Let macerate while preparing the chocolate ganache.
- When the chocolate is cooled, combine the dark chocolate and coconut cream and whip until fully combined.
- Spread the whipped chocolate ganache on the cooled crust, then top with the strawberries, arranging however you desire. Serve immediately.
This tart can also be made a day or two ahead of time. If you’re planning on making it more than a few hours before needed, wait to add the berries until just before serving.
Recipe Credit: Bakerita