Yields: 20 taquitos
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) black bean refried beans
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 20 small flour tortillas
- guacamole, premade store bought or homemade
- spinach or preferred loose greens, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- nonstick baking spray
- salsa, pico de gallo, or sour cream for dipping
To make your own guacamole:
- 1 large tomato
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small white onion
- lemon juice, squeeze half the lemon
- salt, to taste
- fresh cilantro, to taste (chop or process according to preference of texture)
Put all ingredients in a food processor and process until it reaches desired consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix refried beans with taco seasoning until combined.
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface. Down the middle of the tortilla, spread 1-2 tablespoons of beans. On top, add about one tablespoon guacamole. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of cheese and chopped spinach. Roll up tightly and place on baking sheet seam side down.
- Continue this process until all tortillas have been filled and rolled.
- Spray tops with nonstick baking spray (it will help the tortillas get nice and crispy!) and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa, pico, or sour cream for dipping.
Adding bell peppers, shredded chicken, or chopped steak would do wonders for this recipe!
Recipe Credit: RACHEL cooks